Taking herbs first thing in the morning - unless it's Herbal Coffee - can sometimes feel like a big lift. But most of us have breakfast...at some point during the day.
This recipe from our friend Anna Patrikian features our best-selling mood tincture Rose-Colored Glasses. This formula is the perfect pairing with Purple Sweet Potato Mochi Waffles and Whipped Passionfruit Cream. We're drooling already.
- 1 ½ cups mochiko rice flour
- ½ cup gluten-free flour such as Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 baking flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup roasted purple sweet potato
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cup milk (can use coconut for a dairy-free alternative)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 passion fruits
- 35 drops of Rose-Colored Glasses
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a fork, poke several holes in the purple sweet potatoes. Then, roast them for about an hour. Allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature, then slice them in half and scoop out their flesh.
- Reduce oven temperature to the lowest setting so that you can store cooked waffles as you continue to make more.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer, combine the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, mashed sweet potato, and egg yolks. Once mixed together, add in the flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture.
- Add the milk and transfer batter to a large bowl.
- Using the mixer again but with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until slightly stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped egg whites into the waffle batter.
- Depending on the size of the waffle iron, add ⅓ to half a cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the waffle iron completes a cooking cycle. Keep waffles warm in the oven by placing them directly on the rack.
- In the stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks start to form. Add in the Rose-Colored Glasses slowly. Slice passionfruit in half lengthwise, scooping out the fruit.
- Serve waffles with whipped cream, topped with passionfruit and alongside a warm Fire Cider.