Start your week with a delightfully nostalgic and scrumptious recipe featuring none other than arguably the most iconic cereal of call time and our best-selling naturally-energizing mushroom coffee.
Nourishing and delightful habits can coexist within your wellness journey but if you’re not into the classic you can make your own with Liz Moody’s gluten free recipe or try Cascadian Farm’s Certified Organic option. So buckle up, buttercups, and let's dive into this lip-smacking, finger-licking good granola recipe with an Herbal Coffee twist. Life is too short to deprive ourselves of tasty food, y’all.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil of choice (coconut, avocado, or whatever floats your boat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp Herbal Coffee
- Preheat your trusty oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you're not a parchment paper fan, a silicone baking mat will do just fine.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract like a boss. Set aside.
- Grab a large bowl and combine the oats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon. Mix it up.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and massage everything together until those oats are coated in sweet, sweet syrup and oil.
- Spread the mixture evenly on your prepared baking sheet. Pop it in the oven for 40 minutes. Don't forget to set a timer for the 20-minute mark, so you can give your granola a little stir and rotation to avoid any nasty burnt bits.
- Once it's all golden and toasty, remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Toss with dry Herbal Coffee powder.
- Try not to devour it all at once. You can serve it immediately or store it in an airtight jar for future munching.
There you have it: a granola recipe that doesn't skimp on flavor, has a cheeky Herbal Coffee twist, and offers a little crunch for your morning (or midnight) snacking pleasure. Remember, being healthy doesn't mean cutting out everything that makes your taste buds dance. It's about finding a balance and making small, delightful tweaks to the things we love. So go ahead, indulge in this guilt-free treat, and thank us later!
Why Is Herbal Coffee In This Recipe?
Our Herbal Coffee features reishi, burdock root, chicory root, and dandelion. Not only do these herbs add a nutritional punch to your granola, but they also contribute some lovely, earthy flavors that are bound to make your taste buds swoon. Let's take a closer look at these herbal stars.
Reishi Mushroom: This adaptogenic powerhouse has a long history in traditional Chinese medicine. Reishi is known for its immune-boosting properties, as well as its ability to help the body adapt to stress. The slightly bitter, woody taste of reishi adds depth to the granola's overall flavor profile.
Burdock Root: Burdock root has a mildly sweet, earthy flavor that complements the other ingredients in the granola quite nicely. Beyond its taste, burdock root is a prebiotic and is believed to support digestion, help purify the blood, and even promote liver health.
Chicory Root: This herb is commonly used as a caffeine-free coffee substitute, thanks to its rich, roasted, and slightly bitter flavor. It's also a great source of inulin, a prebiotic fiber that supports gut health and feeds the good bacteria in your digestive system. In this granola recipe, chicory root adds a subtle coffee-like taste that blends beautifully with the sweetness of the maple syrup and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Dandelion Root: Often dismissed as a pesky weed, dandelion root has a lot to offer in terms of both flavor and health benefits. Its taste is somewhat bitter and earthy, similar to coffee, which makes it a lovely addition to this recipe. Dandelion root is known for its detoxifying properties, supporting liver and kidney function, and even acting as a diuretic to help flush out excess water weight.
When combined in this Herbal Coffee blend, reishi, burdock root, chicory root, and dandelion work together to create a nutritious, caffeine-free alternative that delivers a symphony of flavors to your Cinnamon Toast Crunch Granola. The earthy, bitter, and sweet notes play off one another, resulting in a satisfyingly complex taste sensation that's not only a delight to your palate but also beneficial to your body.
So go ahead and relish in your newfound granola creation with a little extra herbal pizzazz, knowing that you're not only treating yourself to a scrumptious snack but also supporting your body's overall well-being. Pair with an Herbal Coffee latte. 🙂