We partnered with our friends at Daybreak Seaweed to create a delicious, spicy, mineral-rich Fiery Miso Soup recipe to whip up for your special someone this Valentine’s Day with our microbiome-friendly Fire Cider and Daybreak Seaweed’s Spicy Seaweed Flakes.
Fire Cider is a traditional folk remedy made by infusing apple cider vinegar with a variety of herbs, fruits, and spices with health benefits that include immune support, improved digestion, congestion relief, and circulatory support. ✨
Paired with Daybreak’s gut-supportive Spicy Seaweed Flakes, this warming broth is not only delicious but supports the overall well-being of your beloved too. Their seaweed is ocean-grown and sustainably sourced from the west-coast, and these smoky, spicy flakes can be added to enhance the flavor and texture of a variety of dishes.
- 1 Tbsp. white miso of choice (We love South River Miso!)
- 1 Tbsp. Wooden Spoon Herbs Fire Cider
- ½ tsp. Daybreak Seaweed Spicy Seaweed Flakes
- 12 oz of hot water
Simply mix ingredients in your favorite mug and sip!
Want to customize your Fiery Miso Soup? Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Add in some sliced mushrooms, bok choy, or other vegetables for added flavor and nutrition.
- Add in some sliced or shredded cooked chicken, beef, or tofu for added protein.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like cilantro, mint or parsley for added freshness and flavor.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil or chili oil for added depth and richness.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice for added acidity and brightness.
- Serve the broth with some cooked noodles or rice for added heartiness.
- Add some bean sprouts, scallions, or other fresh ingredients as a topping for added texture and flavor.