It’s Pumpkin Spice season y’all! WSH HQ is split on the virtues of pumpkin spice, but one thing we all agree on is Herbal Coffee. And even the pumpkin spice haters or pumpkin spice skeptics agree that the foam from this recipe by Midwest Nice is pretty dang delicious.
Those of us in colder climates like it warm, while the rest of us down south drink it iced. The choice is yours.
- Herbal Coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
For the Pumpkin Cream:
- Whisk together the whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Herbal Coffee with Cold Foam:
- Prepare a serving of brewed Herbal Coffee, we 1 tablespoon per 6-8 ounces of hot water. Just mix and stir. Or brew any way you make coffee at home. If you plan on enjoying your drink iced, now’s a good time to pour it over a very tall glass of ice.
- In a blender pulse ¼ - ½ cup of the pumpkin cream for 10 – 12 seconds, or until fluffy and thick. Ta-da! Pumpkin Cream Foam.
- Top the Herbal Coffee with the pumpkin cream cold foam and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired.