We love Lily Harris's recipes. From her beautiful smoothies to this chili sauce. This is a quick and easy recipe that you can keep stocked in your fridge to dress-up salads, rice bowls, or grilled vegetables, meat, poultry, or fish.
Sweet & Spicy Raspberry Chili Sauce
Ft. The Light Ray
- 5 red chilies (any mild chili will do, like long Italian, red jalapeños, etc.)
- Optional: for added spice add 1-2 bird's eye chilies
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/2 cup water + 1 tsp water, preferably filtered or spring
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- Wooden Spoon Herbs Light Ray
- Cut your chilies open lengthwise & remove the white pith & seeds. This cuts down the spice and is gentler on your digestive system. Loosely chop the chilies into smaller pieces & add to your food processor or blender.
- Add the garlic cloves & raspberries to the food processor. Pulse a few times. We are looking for a finer chop that maintains some texture and isn't completely purèed.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add your chopped chili mixture from the food processor, 1/2 cup water, apple cider vinegar, salt, & bring to a boil.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the arrowroot starch & 1 tsp water in a small bowl, set to the side.
- Stir the arrowroot mixture into the saucepan & simmer for 1 more minute. This will thicken the sauce. It will continue to thicken slightly as it cools, so don’t take it too far on the heat.
- Pour this sauce into a jar with an airtight lid.
- Elevate the sauce with Wooden Spoon Herbs! Since this serves approximately 8, add up to 8 dropperfuls of The Light Ray & stir to combine.
- Once cooled, add to any veggie bowl along with your favorite choice of protein.
A Breakdown of the Veggie Bowl
- Coconut rice
- Leftover roasted vegetables
- Quick chopped salad made from leftover cucumber, sweet peppers, & onions with a touch of vinegar, oil, salt, & pepper
- Watermelon radish
- Steamed green beans
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Hemp hearts
Top with this Sweet & Spice Light Ray Raspberry Chili Sauce! Share and enjoy.